EMS stands for ‘Electrical Muscle Stimulation’. Used in physiotherapy for over 50 years to repair and rebuild weakened muscles in patients, it is now used to conduct whole body workouts. In conventional trainings, the central nervous system controls the muscles via electricalimpulses to cause contraction and therefore movement. In EMS training, however, the muscles are contracted via external controlled electrical impulses from the EMS device. Due to our muscles inability to differentiate between internal and external signals, this allws to contract and train the muscles. Anassa Studio uses the high quality German StimaWELL® EMS mid-frequency device developed by StimaWell that has more than 40 years of experience in electrotherapy medical devices. EMS is gaining increased attention as it has the potential to aid in the following:
- Weight loss
- Low-impact high-intensity strength training
- Body toning and skin tightening
AND THE BEST PART IS… IT ONLY TAKES 20 MINUTES!
Scientific studies reveal that the following results can be achieved in a 12-week period: 9% body fat loss and 4kg weight loss*, 30% increase in strength*, 89% of all probands felt substantially stronger and tighter*, 98% of all muscles were engaged during a workout*. There are several studies which prove that devices utilizing EMS technology are safe to the human body. (*Results may vary from individual to individual)
HOW DOES IT WORK?
A 20-minutes strength program consists of a muscle’s contraction phase from the electrical impulses followed by a relaxation phase. Adding dynamic exercises such as sit-ups or squats makes the EMS training more effective. On top of your own EMS “underclothing”, a stimulation suit is worn, connected to the EMS device. The trainer will then apply one of the 50+ exercises programs according to your training goals.
HOW DOES IT FEEL?
StimaWELL® EMS, provides impulse frequencies that are particularly comfortable and pleasing. However, it is important to note that after an EMS strength training, your muscles will require a longer recovery time. A break of at least 48 hours between your workouts is recommended.
FOR WHOM IS EMS SUITED?
In principle, EMS is suitable for every healthy person. First time users should consult with their trainers prior any session.
EMS v/s ULTRA EMS
The higher number of electrical channels, the higher number of trained muscle groups. StimaWELL® EMS uses 12 channels, one of the highest in the market, that’s why we call it ULTRA EMS. ULTRA EMS, will simultaneously train the muscles in the following areas: calves, thigh, Belly up, Belly down, chest, upper arm, forearm, Upper back, Side hull, lumbar spine, buttocks
Training with EMS has numerous benefits:
- EMS for a good body: StimaWELL® EMS gets your body in shape. It trains hard-to-reach areas such as the waist or hips. You can reach quick results in a short time.
- EMS for the back: Do you often have back pain? Do you have weak back muscles? Then EMS Training is perfect for you. StimaWELL® EMS stimulates deep lying muscles and train your entire back muscles. Strong back muscles prevent from back pain.
- Muscle build-up: You can improve your performance in short time by simultaneously exercising many muscle groups. StimaWELL® EMS carry the current into the deep muscle layers. This allows quick muscle strengthening and build-up. EMS training is a very effective whole-body workout
- Stimulate your metabolism: StimaWELL® EMS not only build-up your muscles, but also improve the blood circulation of the skin. Your energy turnover gets a boost in the long run. This again leads to a weight and fat reduction; your metabolism is brought up to full speed and your body fat decreases significantly.
- Minimize cellulite with EMS training: StimaWELL® EMS device causes tight connective tissue and combats cellulite. It also stimulates collagen production and effectively eliminates annoying fat pads on hips and thighs.
- Relaxation after electrical muscle stimulation: StimaWELL® EMS not only train your muscles, but also give your body a short break from stressful everyday life or from intense workouts. Gentle electrical impulses provide a soft massage and a great feeling of relaxation.
About 500 calories are consumed per 20-minute training session – which of course varies according to weight, age, gender and exercise program.
PREGNANCY & CAESAREAN
You should get the advice of your gynecologist or physician before you start EMS training after pregnancy or if you delivered by Caesarean section.
METAL IMPLANT OR PIERCING
Basically, it is not a problem to train with a metal implant or a piercing. Isolated and very rare tcases report that they feel a slight pull during training in the area of the piercing or the implant. It is best to consult with your trainer.
Note: If the metal implant has been freshly inserted, allow the wound to heal completely before EMS training. The same applies to a piercing
MY FIRST EMS TRAINING
Do not train if you feel sick and do not train on an empty stomach! Always drink water before, during and after your workout. We will provide you with the EMS underclothing and a towel for the first training session. However, you should bring clean sports shoes, as a safe stand is the basis for many workouts Our studio has showers ready so you can freshen up after the training.